Harissa Veggie Bowl
THIS VEGGIE BOWL INCLUDES HOMEMADE HUMMUS MADE WITH ROASTED CARROTS—HOWEVER, YOU COULD REPLACE THE CARROTS WITH TOASTED WALNUTS OR AVOCADO.
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 35 minutes | Serves: 4
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into wedges
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into wedges
6 ounces baby broccoli
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
2 teaspoons gluten-free harissa paste
. cup hazelnuts
.⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
8 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
. teaspoon cumin seeds
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. cups drained and rinsed, canned chickpeas
1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon tahini
juice of 1 small lemon
salt and pepper (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. To make the hummus, put the carrots into a roasting pan and sprinkle with the cumin seeds and . tablespoon of the oil. Roast in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes, until tender.
3. Meanwhile, arrange the remaining vegetables in a single layer in a separate large roasting pan. Mix the harissa paste with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle it over the vegetables, then roast for 35 minutes. Add the hazelnuts after 20 minutes of cooking.
4. Place the cooked carrots in a food processor with the chickpeas and garlic and process until broken down. Add the tahini and lemon juice and process again until nearly smooth. Add the remaining oil, season with salt and pepper, if using, and process for the final time.
5. Divide the hummus among four warm bowls, then top with the roasted vegetables and hazelnuts and sprinkle with the cheese, if using.
PER SERVING : 327 CALS | 20.7G FAT | 2.3G SAT FAT | 28.3G CARBS | 10.3G SUGAR | 9.4G FIBER | 8.6G PROTEIN | 120MG SODIUM