Molten Marshmallow Chocolate Chunk Brownies
Brownies just got even better! Chocolate and marshmallow are perfectly paired in this gorgeous gooey mess!
Prep: 20 mins, plus cooling Cook: 25 mins
2¼ sticks unsalted butter, plus ½ tablespoon for greasing
9 ounces semisweet chocolate
4 extra-extra-large eggs
1¾ cups superfine or granulated sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
3 ounces large chocolate disks or chocolate chunks
¾ cup marshmallow creme
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8.-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Put the butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water and heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat the egg mixture into the cooled chocolate mixture, then fold in the flour. Stir in half the chocolate disks, pour into the prepared pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the brownie from the oven (do not turn off the oven). Add spoonfuls of the marshmallow creme to the top.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate disks and bake for an additional 10–15 minutes, until the marshmallow is molten and beginning to brown. Let cool slightly, then cut into 12 squares and serve.
Love the recipe? Get the book!